MoDOT Availability Study 2019
MoDOT is conducting research to update its overall annual goal for disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) participation in its federally-funded highway contracts. Keen Independent Research is performing the 2019 DBE Availability Study for MoDOT. The study includes:
- Surveys of firms that perform highway-related work.
- Analysis of prime contractors and subcontractors on past MoDOT and local public agency projects (including DBEs and non-DBEs).
- In-depth interviews about marketplace conditions.
- Review of past disparity and availability studies in Missouri.
Keen Independent Research is an economic consulting firm that specializes in small business and DBE research. David Keen is leading this assignment. He has directed more than 100 availability and disparity studies for state DOTs and other agencies. The study team includes Holland & Knight and the telephone survey firm Customer Research International (CRI). Parson + Associates and Added Dimension, LLC in Missouri will conduct in-depth interviews with business owners across the state.
The DBE Availability Study started in late 2018 and will be completed by summer 2019.
External Stakeholder Group
An External Stakeholder Group has been assembled to provide ongoing input.
Availability Study Results
The 2019 DBE Availability Study and MoDOT’s new proposed overall DBE goal will be discussed at the following public meetings.
Monday, June 10, 2019, 2:00PM – 4:00PM
Southeast Community Center
4201 East 63rd Street
Kansas City, Missouri
Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 3:00PM – 5:00PM
St. Louis Community College
Center for Workforce Innovation
3344 Pershall Road
Virtual Public Meeting
Friday, June 14, 2019, 3:00PM – 5:00PM
Join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone here
Dial in from your phone: +1 (646) 749-3112
Access Code: 754-892-445
In addition to providing comments at the public meetings, interested individuals may send comments using the contact information below.
How to Get Involved
- Call the study hotline: (816) 281-6841
- Email the study team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in a public meeting in June
- Mail information to David Keen, Principal
Keen Independent Research LLC
701 N. 1st St., 2nd Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Provide comments directly to MoDOT at
or (573) 526-2978