Oregon Statewide Airport DBE Disparity Study
The Oregon Department of Aviation conducted research to help airports in Oregon operate the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program. This will assist airports as they set their overall annual goals for DBE participation in FAA-funded contracts and determine whether they need to apply DBE contract goals. The study included:
- A survey of firms that perform airport-related work in Oregon.
- Analysis of prime contractors and subcontractors on past FAA-funded contracts awarded by ODA and local airports (including DBEs and non-DBEs).
- Interviews with business owners.
- Six public meetings throughout the state.
Nearly every publicly owned NPIAS airport in Oregon participated in this study, except Portland International Airport which already conducted its own disparity study.
Keen Independent Research performed the disparity study for ODA. Keen Independent Research is an economic consulting firm that specializes in disparity studies, including the recent studies for the Oregon Department of Transportation. David Keen and Annette Humm Keen led this assignment. The study team included the law firm Holland & Knight, the telephone survey firm Customer Research International (CRI) and the research firm Donaldson Consulting.
An External Stakeholder Group was assembled to provide ongoing input.
The Federal Aviation Administration provided final approval and funding for this project in 2019. The DBE Disparity Study started in fall 2019 and was completed by early 2021.
How to Provide Input
- Call the study hotline: 503-308-8275
- Email the study team firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in a public meeting (dates and locations TBD)
- Mail information to Annette Humm Keen, Principal, Keen Independent Research
701 N. 1st St., 2nd Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Contact Heather Peck at Heather.Peck@aviation.state.or.us or 503-378-3168, or
Cathy Clark at Cathy.RB.Clark@aviation.state.or.us or 503-378-2894